I presented at the 2015 SMSF Association 2015 National Conference on 18 February 2015. It was a great conference and the SMSF Association should be congratulated.
My seminar covered various methods of providing for children and future generations both via superannuation (including SMSFs) and outside of super via companies, trusts and other methods. In particular, I covered:
- Family discretionary trusts
- Superannuation proceeds trusts
- Child maintenance trusts
- Estate proceeds trusts
- Special disability trusts
- the strategic use of reserves; and
- why winding up an SMSF on the death may give rise to lost opportunities
A copy of my paper can be downloaded here
* * *
This article is for general information only and should not be relied upon without first seeking advice from an appropriately qualified professional.