|Standard documents - provides documents for one member of one SMSF, for up to 3 account-based pensions||$440|
|Premium service - provides documents and a review of the SMSF's governing rules and the documents for one account-based pension to remove any reversionary nomination to make that pension non-reversionary. The premium service is generally recommended where the SMSF is not using a recent version of DBA Lawyers' governing rules or pension documents.|
# An additional $110 applies for each extra account-based pension for the premium service
|* Add $100 for hard copy per product|
Pricing includes GST
This service removes any reversionary nomination for account-based pensions.
There are a number of reasons why a member may want to make their pension non-reversionary including:
- They have separated or divorced their spouse who is currently their nominated beneficiary who will obtain their pension when they die
- They would prefer their death benefit be paid to their estate (ie, legal personal representative) and be dealt with in accordance with their will on their death
- They may no longer have an eligible beneficiary to whom a death benefit can be paid in the form of a reversionary pension, eg, their spouse has already passed away
For more information on some of the key advantages and disadvantages of reverting a pension, click here.
For SMSFs that are currently using DBA Lawyers’ SMSF governing rules and/or pension documents, please note that:
- Our SMSF deed has express powers for the trustee to make a reversionary pension non-reversionary. For more information on our SMSF deed, click here.
- The service does not include a review of estate planning documents including any non-binding or binding death benefit nominations or similar documents. Naturally, it is important for these documents to be consistent with the non-reversionary nature of the pension.
Should you require non-reversionary pension documents for more than one member of an SMSF, please submit a second order form. An additional fee will apply for a second member.
- Member request
- Trustee resolutions
- Member notification
DBA Lawyers can assist with preparing other relevant documents in respect of the removal of a reversionary nomination of pension including:
- Family Law SuperSplitting
- Change of trustee
- SMSF deed update
- Binding death benefit nomination
- New corporate trustee
- SMSF to SMSF Roll-Over Kit
- Much more –– review the rest of our webpage
For more information
- What is a reversionary pension?
- Reversionary pensions v. BBDNs: advisers’ risks
- Reversionary pension v BDBN: which one wins?
- Reversionary pension vs BDBN: which outcome is preferred?
- Reconciling inconsistencies between reversionary pension nominations and BDBNs
- Automatically reversionary pensions and super reform
If you are completing a downloadable order form, please email the form to [email protected] when completed.