|New Company- DBA Documents||$330|
|ASIC fee - no GST||$506 # (from 1 July 2020)|
|Total||$836 (from 1 July 2020)|
|*Add $75 for hard copy |
# As DBA Lawyers acts as agent for registration ASIC fee is not subject to GST
Pricing (apart from ASIC fees) includes GST
ASIC fee is indexed each 1 July
DBA offers unique services and documentation to incorporate new companies. We offer many value added features not found elsewhere.
Advantages of a DBA company
DBA’s constitution is strategically drafted for all companies, including where the company will trade in its own right, or where it acts as the trustee of an SMSF, discretionary trust or unit trust.
DBA is recognised as Australia’s leading self managed superannuation fund (‘SMSF’) law firm and has used this expertise to prepare a constitution that allows for strategic SMSF planning.
Some of our value added features include:
- Directors have the ability to nominate a successor director to step in on the incapacity or death of a director.
- Greater control can be exercised through using different share classes. ‘Guardian’ shares, for instance, allow a guardian to step in and exercise control in a family dispute.
- If a company wants to act as a sole purpose SMSF trustee (or cease to act as a sole purpose SMSF trustee), there is no need to incur another cost to change the constitution as required by constitutions supplied by many other suppliers.
- The constitution has been drafted to enable the company to be eligible for a reduced ASIC annual fee (approximately an 80% discount from the normal ASIC fee) if the company acts solely as an SMSF trustee. Moreover, the constitution does not need varying if the company starts trading or acts as a trustee of a family trust. Thus, a DBA company can easily switch from one role to another role without the need for further costly documentation.
- A Division 7A loan facility agreement is included just in case a debit loan arises and to ensure a written loan agreement is in existence. This assists in minimising the extra tax and penalties that may otherwise arise.
- A detailed memo on the operation of a company and directors’ duties and shareholders’ rights is included. This document is similar to a PDS to assist clients understand what they need to know when they have a company.
- The constitution has flexibility to issue various share classes other than ordinary shares. This can allow planning for differentiated voting, dividend and capital rights. These differences are summarised as follows:
|Right to vote/pass resolutions||Right to dividends||Right to repayment of share price on winding-up||Right to distribution of surplus assets on winding-up|
Strategic planning advantages
There are numerous strategic planning advantages such as the ability to:
- nominate a successor director to step in on the incapacity or death of a director;
- have a ‘guardian’ step in and exercise control; and
- there are considerable succession planning advantages.
Our package includes:
cover letter and completion checklist
- corporate register
- two copies of the constitution
- ASIC and related forms
- detailed company memo
All our companies are reviewed and signed-off by a lawyer.
For more information, click on the articles listed below:
- Why is it important to have a good company constitution?
- Not all companies are created equal
- Preserve the intended control of a company using successor directors
For more information on the advantages of having a successor director, click on the articles listed below: