While DBA is recognised as Australia’s leading SMSF law firm, it is also well known for it’s great depth of tax and trusts expertise.
DBA Lawyers offers an excellent discretionary trust deed that is easy to read, provides great flexibility and reflects the latest legislative changes. Also included is a detailed memo, trustee resolutions, covering letter and completion checklist. We are also able to take instructions and draft a specially tailored deeds to exclude foreign persons for duty and/or land tax purposes of different jurisdictions around Australia.
We also provide a unit trust that is well suited for use by SMSFs investing via this sort of trust, as well as various opther specialises trusts.
We can also advise on all aspects of trust law and have a range of trust experts and barristers we call on if the matter needs further input.
What’s in DBA’s discretionary trust package?
Below is a brief summary of the advantages of DBA Lawyers’ discretionary trust package:
- We provide quality trust documents with the latest planning strategies (eg, streaming of income and power to allocate expenses to different categories of income).
- We work at the coal face handling technical queries on a daily basis and drafting various related trust documents. We also provide ongoing technical support and assistance.
- When instructed, we can prepare a trust deed to minimise the potential for surcharge duty and land tax in respect of real property by excluding certain ‘foreign persons’ and related definitions for each relevant jurisdiction.
- Our documents are easy to read and easy administer and our lawyers we can tailor special changes to suit your particular requirements.
- Our documents are regularly reviewed and revised as needed to be kept up to date.
DBA Lawyers is committed to providing quality documents and excellent service and our documents are prepared and signed-off by a lawyer. As a trust deed typically has a very long lifespan (up to 80+ years), so why settle for anything less.
To order a DBA discretionary trust, visit DBA’s website and order online at https://www.dbalawyers.com.au/discretionary-family-trust/.
We also offer a range of other trusts including unit trusts (that qualify as fixed trusts), bare trusts, and special trusts such as special disability trusts, child maintenance trusts, estate proceeds trusts and super proceeds trusts. For further information, please refer to www.dbalawyers.com.au.
Some articles relating to our trusts are:
- Discretionary trusts — NSW duty & land tax surcharges — act before 31 December 2020 or incur extra NSW tax
- Your discretionary trust may unwittingly be subject to extra duty or land tax
- DBA Lawyers’ discretionary trust –– managing the extra duty and land tax surcharges on foreigners
- SMSFs investing via unit trusts
- Traps that turn your non-geared unit trust into an in house asset
* * *
This article is for general information only and should not be relied upon without first seeking advice from an appropriately qualified professional.
Note: DBA Lawyers hold SMSF CPD training throughout the year. For more details or to register, visit www.dbanetwork.com.au or call 03 9092 9400.
For more information regarding how DBA Lawyers can assist in your SMSF practice, visit www.dbalawyers.com.au.
27 November 2020