Today the ATO issued SMSF Regulator’s Bulletin SRB 2018/1 ‘The use of reserves by self-managed superannuation funds’, which is the most comprehensive material that the ATO has ever released on the use of reserves in SMSF. In particular, SRB 2018/1 highlights the ATO’s concerns about new and emerging arrangements that pose potential risks to SMSFs from a superannuation and tax law perspective. This webinar is solely dedicated to this topic. In this webinar, I will address:
- What are the ATO’s concerns in relation to SMSFs and the use of reserves?
- What does SRB 2018/1 mean for contribution reserving strategies?
- ‘Help! My client has reserves? What should I do now?’
- What reserves are allowable?
- What is the impact of the 1 July 2017 super reforms such as the TBC and TSB?
- What reserves are not allowable and why?
- What will the ATO be closely scrutinising?
- What action should be taken?
- What documents need to be in place?
- Practical examples, tips, traps and worked case studies
To register to watch it live or for a recorded version, visit http://www.dbanetwork.com.au/dbalawyers/seminars3/7846/preview.html